So you want an ice cold beverage but you hate that it's always watered down by the melting ice cubes by the time you're done? Try this easy and fun recipe that I have been using since I was a little kid. Please note this is more efficient and convenient if you consistently drink the same type of beverage.
Start with the type of beverage you will be drinking. For example, Diet Dr. Pepper or Crystal Light. Get an everyday ice tray (or a molded one with fun shapes!) and fill with the beverage. I recommend making at least 4 regular sized ice cubes per glass. Freeze overnight or until mostly frozen. Times will vary depending on beverage. Once frozen, remove from ice tray, place in a glass and pour in your favorite beverage. It is recommended you use the same type of beverage to make the ice as you plan to use the ice in. As the ice melts it will turn back into the liquid form of whatever you are drinking, avoiding the water-down beverage syndrome.
Please note this will not work with alcohol. And probably other things as well but I haven't discovered those yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment